Breakfast Pizza

No more waiting around for the delivery guy. Save money, time, and your waistline!



I'm not a morning person at all! Yeah I'm one of those people squinting at the rays of sunshine bursting through my bedroom window, and scurrying deep under the covers to avoid the fact that yes a new day has definitely come and with it the brutal assault to my eyeballs. A majority of the time I can't even be bothered with thinking about breakfast much less mustering up the energy to actually make it down the three... wait four flights of stairs to get to actually make it to the kitchen. But on the other hand, I know that without it I wouldn't have enough energy to actually start my day. So I spend some time talking to God and drag myself out of bed.  

When it comes to breakfast I'm a creature of habit. 
99% of the time I'm having scrambled eggs, and mushrooms or spinach. With maybe a few other fixins, but yes that encompasses the variety in my breakfast. So with that being said, I've had to come up with ways to make eating pretty much the same thing everyday day just a little more exciting. 


Breakfast Pizza 
1 serving: 380 calories

INGREDIENTS:                                     
  • 1 flatbread or tortilla                            
  • 1 large egg; scrambled                                          
  • 3oz of baby bella mushrooms; sliced 
  • 1.6 oz or 2 slices of white american cheese; grated                    
  • 1 tbs of butter                                      
  • crushed red pepper                             
  • parsley                                                 
  • salt                                                      

Products I Used:
  • flat bread - multigrain w/flax (Fit N Active; Aldi)
  • grade aa large (Pine Belt; Extra)
  • organic baby bella mushrooms (Giorgio; Aldi)
  • white american pasteurized prepared cheese (Happy Farms; Aldi)
  • butter spread (Imperial; Shoprite)
  • crushed red pepper (Kirkland; Costco)
  • parsley flakes (McCormick; Costco)
  • mediterranean sea salt (Kirkland; Costco)
  • original season blend (Mrs Dash; Costco)



*Feel free to omit, increase, or decrease any of the ingredients; 
calorie amounts may change



DIRECTIONS:

1. Adjust oven rack 6-8 inches below the broiler and preheat broiler to high. 

2. Add the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is hot add your sliced mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. When the mushrooms are done lightly sprinkle with salt and set aside on a paper towel to soak up any excess moisture. 

4. In the same pan the mushrooms were cooked in, turn the heat to low-medium and add your beaten egg once the pan is hot. Using your spatula to stir the eggs, let them cook for a few minutes; don't cook them completely they should be formed but still a bit wet. Lightly season with salt.

5. Set your eggs aside on a paper towel to soak up any extra moisture.

6. Place flatbread/tortilla on a flat nonstick baking pan (I'm using a tawa). Layer on ingredients: place the mushroom down first, then your scrambled egg followed by the cheese.

7. Season with salt, crushed red pepper, parsley, and any other seasoning of your choice. 

8. Place pan and flatbread/tortilla in oven for 2-4 minutes until cheese is bubbling and golden. 

9. Remove your pizza from the oven, and let it sit for a minute. Slide a flat spatula under the pizza to remove it from the pan and enjoy!



If you try the recipe I'd love to know how it turns out; comment or tag me
#naturalnickel

Comments

Popular Posts